- Rec Center
- Rock Climbing
Welcome to the Wall
Whether you are new to the exciting world of rock climbing or a seasoned pro, the Recreation Center rock walls have something for everyone. Come climb with us; you'll have fun and get fit at the same time.
We are excited to offer the opportunity to climb anytime on our Bouldering Climbing Wall. This wall includes nearly 1,400 square feet of climbing surface and offers expanded bouldering climbing for all ability levels. The bouldering wall is for all ages and is open during normal Rec Center hours. It is located in the weight room area, next to the racquetball courts.
Bouldering Climbing Guidelines
- Have fun, but no horseplay!
- Leave space between you and others. Do not climb or stand under other climbers.
- Climb down! Do not intentionally fall or jump off wall.
- Climb only as high as the hand-holds. Do not climb over the top or behind the wall.
- Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Shoes are required. No bare feet or shoes with marking soles. Climbing shoes can be rented at the front desk.
- Chalk balls are permitted, but no loose chalk.
- Lockers are available for personal items. No bags or other items can be kept in the bouldering area or weight room.
- Stay safe! Please report any misuse or problems to the staff immediately.
- Your safety is important. Please climb within your skill level.
Top Rope Climbing
Try your hands (and feet) at our 30-foot rock-climbing wall! Vertical walls, overhangs, roofs, slabs and chimneys are sure to challenge all skill levels. Bring your own shoes and equipment or rent ours for a small fee. Waiver of claims is required for all participants. Participants under the age of 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Equipment Rental Fees
|Shoes and Harness||$5|
Top Rope Climbing Guidelines
- All climbers must fill out a registration card and sign the liability waiver statement before participating.
- All climbers under 18 years must have a parent’s signature on the liability waiver.
- No participant under 14 will be permitted to belay.
- All climbers 11 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the climbing area.
- All climbers will need to provide their own belayer.
- Climbers assume full responsibility for their actions.
- Lead climbers must provide their own rope.
Top Rope Waiver
Important: All climbers must have a current Rock Wall Waiver (PDF) on file before climbing. Youth under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature before climbing. Return the completed copy to the Rock Climbing Wall.